Saturday, August 29, 2009

Semiya(Vermicelli) Payasam

Cooking time :10 minutes
Serves : 4

Ingredients

Semiya - 1 cup
Milk - 4 cups
Ghee - 1 tspn
Sugar - 2-3 tbslp
Saffron - a pinch
Cardamon - 1
Roasted cashew - 1tblspn(chopped)
Raisins - 6

Method of Preparation

1.Heat ghee is a pan and add the semiya to it and saute for 5 minutes.
2.Add milk, saffron and sugar and boil in medium flame till the semiya becomes soft.
3.Garnish with cashews and raisins and serve hot or chilled.


I am sending this recipe to Sanghi's 'FIL Milk Event'. I dedicate this lovely dish to my mom.She makes the best semiya payasam I have ever tasted.I just love her recipes.I miss my mom and her dishes a lot.Its true that the best foods are always those prepeared by our moms.

Thanks,
Aysha
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin